K-6 Mathematics Syllabus
- K-6 Mathematics Syllabus (PDF - 201 page 830 KB)
- Word version (202 pages - 3.4 MB)
- Includes Foundation Statements
- Published May 2006
- K–6 Mathematics Parent Support Document (PDF - 40 pages - 186 KB)
Published November 2002
- Sample Units of Work (PDF - 156 pages - 2.04 MB)
- Introduction and Programming advice (PDF - 10 pages - 482 KB)
- Early Stage 1 worksamples (PDF - 30 pages - 794 KB)
- Stage 1 worksamples (PDF - 42 pages - 963 KB
- Stage 2 worksamples (PDF - 37 pages - 794 KB)
- Stage 3 worksamples (PDF - 36 pages - 778 KB)
- Published May 2003
- Mathematics K–6 Support Document for Students with Special Education Needs
- Provides additional programming support and teaching strategies that reflect current research, to teachers of students who are experiencing difficulties in acquiring knowledge, skills and understanding in Mathematics.
- Published 25 July 2008
New syllabus in 2015
In 2013 schools will continue to use the NSW K–6 Mathematics Syllabus (above).
In 2015 schools will start teaching the new NSW Mathematics K–10 Syllabus which is available on the NSW Syllabuses for the Australian curriculum website. Schools have the option of starting to teach the new syllabus in 2014 if they choose.
The Board has developed a range of support materials, including an online programming tool called Program Builder , to assist primary teachers to implement the new NSW K–10 syllabuses.
- Research into the Numeracy Development of Aboriginal Students
- Published April 2001
- Mathematics in Indigenous Contexts K-6 website
- The process used to develop Stage 2 context-based Mathematics units of work in two NSW schools with significant Aboriginal student enrolments.
The target audience for this content is: Parents,Teachers,Principals,