K-6 English Syllabus
In 2014 schools will start teaching the new NSW English K–10 Syllabus which is available on the NSW syllabuses for the Australian curriculum website.
The Board has developed a range of support materials, including an online programming tool called Program Builder, to assist primary teachers to implement the new NSW K–10 syllabuses.
- English K–6 Support Materials for Students with Special Education Needs
- Provides additional programming support and training strategies, which reflect current research, to teachers of students who experience difficulties in the areas of reading, writing, speaking and listening, and communication.
- Published August 2012
- K–6 English Reading Resources
- These sites provide parents and teachers with a variety of reading books suitable for the primary student.
- The PETAA website will also be a helpful resource for English teachers generally.
- NSW Premier’s Reading Challenge book list
- Children’s Book Council of Australia book list
- Primary English Teaching Association Australia
- Suggested K–10 English texts
- This is a compilation of quality reading and viewing resources for teachers. The list includes a variety of types of texts including fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, film, media and multimedia. The annotations include a summary of the story, relevant themes, age appropriateness and genre.
- NSW Premier’s Reading Challenge
- The Premier’s Reading Challenge is an initiative of the NSW Government. The Challenge aims to encourage in students a love of reading for leisure and pleasure, and to enable students to experience quality literature. It is not a competition but a challenge to each student to read, to read more and to read more widely.
The target audience for this content is: Parents,Teachers,Principals,