K-6 English Syllabus
- K-6 English Syllabus - Student Work Samples (PDF)
- Published April 1998
- English K–6 Support Materials for Students with Special Education Needs
- Provides additional programming support and training strategies, which reflect current research, to teachers of students who experience difficulties in the areas of reading, writing, talking, listening and communication.
- Published August 2012
New syllabus in 2014
In 2013 schools will continue to use the NSW K–6 English Syllabus (above).
In 2014 schools will start teaching the new NSW English K–10 Syllabus which is available on the NSW Syllabuses for the Australian curriculum website. The Board has developed a range of support materials, including an online programming tool called Program Builder, to assist primary teachers to implement the new NSW K–10 syllabuses.
- K–6 English Reading Resources
- These sites provide parents and teachers with a variety of reading books suitable for the primary student.
- The PETAA website will also be a helpful resource for teachers across the teaching of English.
- NSW Premier’s Reading Challenge book list
- Children’s Book Council of Australia book list
- Primary English Teaching Association Australia
- Suggested K–10 English texts
- This is a compilation of quality reading and viewing resources for teachers. The list includes a variety of types of texts including fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, film, media and multimedia. The annotations include a summary of the story, relevant themes, age appropriateness and genre.
- NSW Premier’s Reading Challenge
- The Premier’s Reading Challenge is an initiative of the NSW State government. The Challenge aims to encourage in students a love of reading for leisure and pleasure, and to enable students to experience quality literature. It is not a competition but a challenge to each student to read, to read more and to read more widely.
The target audience for this content is: Parents,Teachers,Principals,