English K-10 Syllabus
View the new NSW English K–10 Syllabus on the NSW syllabuses for the Australian curriculum website.
- The NSW syllabuses for the Australian curriculum website provides a range of programming and assessment support material, including sample scope and sequences and units.
- The online programming tool Program Builder is available to assist with implementation of the new NSW K–10 syllabuses. Program Builder uses content from the new NSW syllabuses for the Australian curriculum to create scope and sequences and units. NSW teachers are able to access Program Builder using their Department of Education and Communities (DEC) or Scootle login details.
- These materials provide additional programming support and training strategies, which reflect current research, to teachers of students who experience difficulties in the areas of reading, writing, speaking and listening, and communication.
- Updated 2014
- K–6 English reading resources
- Suggested K–10 English texts
- This compilation of quality reading and viewing resources for teachers was developed by BOSTES to support implementation of the new NSW English K–10 Syllabus. The list includes a variety of types of texts including fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama, film, media and multimedia. The annotations include a summary of the story, relevant themes, age appropriateness and genre.
- NSW Premier’s Reading Challenge
The Premier’s Reading Challenge is an initiative of the NSW Government. The Challenge aims to encourage, in students, a love of reading for leisure and pleasure and to enable students to experience quality literature. It is not a competition but a challenge to each student to read, to read more and to read more widely.
The target audience for this content is: Parents,Teachers,Principals,